How much water to drink a day ? When and Why ?
Do you know? Almost 60% of the human body is water. Already our body has so much water then, why to drink water? We have to drink water because our body constantly losing water via urine and sweat. So, to prevent dehydration we have to drink water. Now, you may get another question, how much water to drink a day? In this article I’m going to answer all the questions like How to drink water? When to drink water? And how much to drink in a day?
Water is most important to us. We have to balance our water levels because it is essential for our survival.
Now, let’s get started…
For the proper functioning of the organs, adequate water is essential. However, the wrong way of consuming water may become the reason for many health problems. So, drink water correctly. We are unintentionally harming our bodies by consuming water in the wrong way.
How to drink water correctly and When drinking water should be strictly avoided?
- Don’t drink water while standing.
- When we drink water in a standing position our kidneys are unable to filter water properly.
- It may disturb the balance of fluids in the body.
It’s better to sit and drink water. Our body will be in relaxed position.
- Don’t drink water before, after meals and while eating meals.
- According to Ayurveda, drinking water after meals acts as a slow poison.
- It may cause digestion problems. So drink water if it is necessary while eating meals. But strictly avoid before and after meals.
There must be at least 40 minutes gap before and after eating meals.
- Don’t gulp a lot of water at a time
- If you drink water too fast… our body don’t observe enough nutrients and our body flush the water out too fast.
- Gulping water may also lead to gain in weight.
It’s better to sip the water slowly.
- Don’t drink chilled water
- Cold water shrinks the bold vessels
Make our throat sore
Aggravates joint pains
- Many studies say that chilled water decreases heart rate.
Drink water at room temperature
If you can live without chilled water try to drink water from earthen pot. It naturally cools the water.
When to drink water?
- Drink 2 glasses of water every morning before brushing your teeth. Don’t skip it.
- The morning saliva is the most effective it helps to neutralize the stomach acids.
- You can drink water when you feel thirsty.
How much water to drink a day?
It depends on many factors like individual Body type, weight, height, age, gender and also climate. So we can’t say one fix quantity for every person. Generally, 2.5 to 3 liters (100 ounces) of water is good per day. We also get water to our body from some fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of drinking water in the morning
- Flushes body waste
- Helps to maintain blood pressure
- Makes minerals and nutrients accessible
- Prevents kidney damage
- Reduces the chance of a hangover
- Improves digestion
- Regulates body temperature
- Delivers oxygen throughout the body
- Lubricates the joins
- Make your skin healthy
- Plays an important role in immune development
No, drinking too much of water don’t cause diarrhea. But drinking the contaminated water can cause diarrhea.
Yes, it’s safe but doesn’t drink water in a hurry. Relax and then, drink water. It also depends on the place you have gone through. So, make sure to wash your hands if it is necessary.
Jeera water can be consumed at any time of the day. For the best results, you should drink it in the morning. This promotes healthy digestion and aids in fast weight loss.
Yes, you can drink olive oil mixed with warm water in the morning and also add lemon juice to it. So, the lemon juice helps in the easier digestion of oil.